• A person who knowingly or intentionally accesses:
(1) a computer system;
(2) a computer network; or
(3) any part of a computer system or computer network;
without the consent of the owner of the computer system or computer network, or the consent of the owner’s licensee, commits computer trespass, a Class A misdemeanor.
Computer merchandise hoarding
• A person who knowingly or intentionally uses a hoarding program to purchase merchandise by means of a computer network commits computer merchandise hoarding, a Class A misdemeanor.
• It is a defense to a prosecution under this subsection that the person used the hoarding program with the permission of the person selling the merchandise.
Unlawful distribution of a hoarding program
• A person who knowingly or intentionally sells, purchases, or distributes a hoarding program commits unlawful distribution of a hoarding program, a Class A misdemeanor.
• It is a defense to a prosecution under this subsection that the hoarding program was sold, purchased, or distributed for legitimate scientific or educational purposes.
Definition of “accesses”
• “Access” means to:
(3) communicate with;
(4) store data in;
(5) retrieve data from; or
(6) make use of resources of;
a computer, computer system, or computer network.
Definition of “computer system”
• “Computer system” means a set of related computer equipment, software, or hardware.
Definition of “computer network”
• “Computer network” means the interconnection of communication lines or wireless telecommunications with a computer or wireless telecommunication device through:
(1) remote terminals;
(2) a complex consisting of two (2) or more interconnected computers; or
(3) a worldwide collection of interconnected networks operating as the Internet.
Definition of “hoarding program”
• “Hoarding program” means a computer program designed to bypass or neutralize a security measure, access control system, or similar system used by the owner of a computer network or computer system to limit the amount of merchandise that one (1) person may purchase by means of a computer network.